• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Help, j need inf.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kris

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Ok thats my problem: J study a genre's TV. That why i write to this forum and search inf. that could explain to me what is the basic difference's between "TV-Series" <-> Full lenght movie + OVA.
I know what is OVA and rest. I saw much Anime (full) but TV-series not. (Only GITS:SAC,HELLSING, FULL METAL PANIC, some Wolf's Rain, I my me strawberry egs, Shamanic Princess -> That's all)

I want inf. about:
1. Structure ->narration, visual form (could be technical info)
2. Basic's element's of production
3. Way's of distribution (in Japan and rest of world)

What is the basic difference between TV and Full lenght movie - who have this same Title - example GITS and GITS:SAC.?

What is your's opinion's about TV-Series, can we talk about a new Genre who is completly different from Ful LEnght Movie. The lenght of this both (genre)is the primary difference. A figure's in -example- Gits and GITS:SAC as the same, universe too. Where is a point that can help definied a TV-Series; in the way's of distrubution, narration, lenght movie? I don't want to restrict on this primary difference. I want know your's opinion. Maybe you know others source of information, some links, theory genre in japan animation. Everything can be halpfuly.

J will be gratefull for any inf. GOODLUCK.

(PS. Sory for may leanguage, but j better write in france leang. ; Besides j'm from Poland)
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Salut Kris,

Desole, je ne parle pas Polonais, mais comme to comprend mieux le francais...

--------------------------------------------------

C'est tres simple, le definition de OAV, TV, Movie est le facon donc l'anime a ete originalement diffuse au Japon.

Ghost in the Shell a ete diffuse dans les theatres, alors c'est un film / "Movie". Par contre, Stand Alone Complex a ete diffuse sur la television, alors c'est un "TV series." Puis OVA / OAV si l'Anime n'a pas ete difuse sur television ni aux theatres, mais directement sur Video (VHS, DVD, LD).

Bien sure qu'il y a certain exceptions, disons des Series de television qui on ete montre dans des theatres a des festivals. Ils sont quand meme des "TV Series" car le method principal de diffusion pour ces Animes reste le television.

----------------------------------------------------

English Translation:

It's quite simple, the definition of OAV, TV, Movie is the way that the Anime was originally distributed in Japan.

Ghost in the Shell was originally released theatrically, so it's a movie, whereas Stand Alone Complex was broadcast on TV, so its a TV series. On the other hand, shows that aren't shown on TV or at the movies, but ratehr released directly to video (VHS, DVD, LD) are OVAs.

There are the occasional exceptions though, for example a TV series that is first shown in theatres at festivals. It's still a TV series because the primary release will be on TV.

---------------------------------------------

-t
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1